Budding photographers urged to Snap the Ouse for a chance to win
- Credit: Archant
Budding photographers are being asked to take snaps of the Ouse Washes for a competition ... with prizes up for grabs.
In the lead up to the summer OuseFest celebrations, which run frm July 20 - August 2, the Ouse Washes Landscape Partnership have launched a Snap the Ouse Photography Competition.
The competition is open to any photographs that define the character of the Ouse Washes and surrounding areas, highlighting its landscapes, wildlife, people, buildings or water.
Sara Marshall, countryside engagement and marketing officer at the Ouse Washes Landscape Partnership, said: “We hope the Snap the Ouse Competition will be a fun opportunity for people to see their local environment through different eyes, discover new aspects not seen before and capture what their local area means to them.”
A shortlist of 12 photographs will be posted on the Ouse Washes Landscape Partnership’s website for public voting and will also be exhibited at the OuseFest Fun Day on Saturday, July 25, at Mepal Outdoor Centre.
You may also want to watch:
There will be three winners, one from each entrance category (age 12 or under; 13–18; 19 or over), who will each receive a basket of prizes worth £50.
To participate, send your photographs taken in the Ouse Washes or surrounding area to email@example.com by Sunday May 31.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
More information can be found at www.ousewashes.org.uk