Budding Jounalists At City of Ely Community College Are Hot Off The Press
BUDDING journalists at the City of Ely Community College were hot on the news trail last week as they prepared their very own newspapers. Pupils from the six form groups in Year 7 got together to produce their own versions of a newspaper with all the late
BUDDING journalists at the City of Ely Community College were hot on the news trail last week as they prepared their very own newspapers.
Pupils from the six form groups in Year 7 got together to produce their own versions of a newspaper with all the latest news stories, features, sport and entertainment pages included.
The project was designed to help the pupils build teamwork and make new friends in their first few weeks in secondary school
At the end of a hard day spent gathering all the latest news, the pupils presented their efforts to Ely Standard reporter Dan Mansfield and photographer Helen Drake, for inspection with the effort of form group 7H', entitled 'The Big 7H', adjudged the winner.
Reporter Dan Mansfield, said: "I was amazed at the amount of effort that the pupils had put in to the newspapers and I must admit that we found it hard to select a winner.
"In the end though, Helen and I both agreed that the variety and detail of stories and features that were included in 7H's effort were worthy of first place."
- 1 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 2 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 3 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 6 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 7 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 8 Hunt is on for arsonists after 5am car fire
- 9 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 10 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
3803: Form group 7H celebrate winning best paper with Ely Standard reporter Dan Mansfield.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE