Budding Jounalists At City of Ely Community College Are Hot Off The Press
BUDDING journalists at the City of Ely Community College were hot on the news trail last week as they prepared their very own newspapers. Pupils from the six form groups in Year 7 got together to produce their own versions of a newspaper with all the late
BUDDING journalists at the City of Ely Community College were hot on the news trail last week as they prepared their very own newspapers.
Pupils from the six form groups in Year 7 got together to produce their own versions of a newspaper with all the latest news stories, features, sport and entertainment pages included.
The project was designed to help the pupils build teamwork and make new friends in their first few weeks in secondary school
At the end of a hard day spent gathering all the latest news, the pupils presented their efforts to Ely Standard reporter Dan Mansfield and photographer Helen Drake, for inspection with the effort of form group 7H', entitled 'The Big 7H', adjudged the winner.
You may also want to watch:
Reporter Dan Mansfield, said: "I was amazed at the amount of effort that the pupils had put in to the newspapers and I must admit that we found it hard to select a winner.
"In the end though, Helen and I both agreed that the variety and detail of stories and features that were included in 7H's effort were worthy of first place."
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 5 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 6 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 9 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
3803: Form group 7H celebrate winning best paper with Ely Standard reporter Dan Mansfield.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE