Brown’ backs Lodes campaign
GORDON Brown s name appeared on the Don t Ditch Our Lodes on-line petition on Saturday. The petition was started by former county and district councillor Geoffrey Woollard, who is striving to save East Cambridgeshire s ancient Roman drainage channels, and
GORDON Brown's name appeared on the Don't Ditch Our Lodes on-line petition on Saturday.
The petition was started by former county and district councillor Geoffrey Woollard, who is striving to save East Cambridgeshire's ancient Roman drainage channels, and opposing the National Trust's Wicken Vision - a project to flood the fens from Wicken to Cambridge over the next 100 years.
Mr Woollard said: "I have no means of telling whether the signature is that of Prime Minister Gordon Brown.
"The signatures reached a total of 756 today, and that is a huge achievement, as well as a great tribute to those who have 'spread the word' about the Cambridgeshire Fens' present problems."
You may also want to watch:
The petition is at http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/OurLODES/
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment