Broken power cable causes fire to break out

ELY-Fire-Engine-0040

- Credit: Archant

A broken electricity cable caused a fire to break out in remote Wardy Hill in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday).

Fireifghters from Sutton were called at about 2.20am to The Green following reports that an electricity cable had snapped and caused a row of trees to catch fire.

Crews extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their stations by 3.50am.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter