Broadband for business rollout comes to East Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Rawpixel - Fotolia
A government scheme to help businesses install superfast broadband has now been extended to cover East Cambridgeshire.
Connection vouchers provide funding of between £100 - £3000 to install superfast broadband to business buildings.
The scheme is run by the Connecting Cambridgeshire partnership of local councils and funded by the Department of Culture, Media and Sport.
The vouchers pay for the one-off cost of installing superfast broadband to offices and business buildings, which can be expensive and prevent companies from getting better connectivity.
East Cambridgeshire has more than 4,000 businesses that could benefit from the funding. Charities and social enterprises are also eligible.
You may also want to watch:
Groups of businesses can apply together for connection vouchers and pool the funding. This enables a whole office block or business park to be upgraded to superfast broadband.
Councillor Mathew Shuter, of Cambridgeshire County Council, said: “Superfast broadband is vital for all businesses and our local economy.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
“I am delighted that we can now offer the scheme to businesses in the district of East Cambridgeshire to ensure that they can grow and compete in an increasingly digital world.”
Connecting Cambridgeshire’s business support project, Destination Digital, has helped more than 700 businesses across Cambridgeshire to use digital technology. Businesses can find out more about connection vouchers and apply online on the Destination Digital website: www.destinationdigital.info/vouchers