Broadband for business rollout comes to East Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Rawpixel - Fotolia
A government scheme to help businesses install superfast broadband has now been extended to cover East Cambridgeshire.
Connection vouchers provide funding of between £100 - £3000 to install superfast broadband to business buildings.
The scheme is run by the Connecting Cambridgeshire partnership of local councils and funded by the Department of Culture, Media and Sport.
The vouchers pay for the one-off cost of installing superfast broadband to offices and business buildings, which can be expensive and prevent companies from getting better connectivity.
East Cambridgeshire has more than 4,000 businesses that could benefit from the funding. Charities and social enterprises are also eligible.
Groups of businesses can apply together for connection vouchers and pool the funding. This enables a whole office block or business park to be upgraded to superfast broadband.
Councillor Mathew Shuter, of Cambridgeshire County Council, said: “Superfast broadband is vital for all businesses and our local economy.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 3 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 7 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 8 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 9 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 10 Corporal lines up world record 135km paddleboard trek for 'gleaming' Bobby
“I am delighted that we can now offer the scheme to businesses in the district of East Cambridgeshire to ensure that they can grow and compete in an increasingly digital world.”
Connecting Cambridgeshire’s business support project, Destination Digital, has helped more than 700 businesses across Cambridgeshire to use digital technology. Businesses can find out more about connection vouchers and apply online on the Destination Digital website: www.destinationdigital.info/vouchers