Britain’s Got Talent trio to star at Ely Christmas lights switch-on
SIMON Cowell’s prot�g�s the Loveable Rogues have been announced as the headline act for this year’s Christmas light switch-on in Ely.
The group, who came an impressive fourth in last year’s Britain’s Got Talent, will be performing on stage before switching on the lights at the city’s annual festive event, taking place on November 30.
The musical trio, made up of Eddie Brett, Sonny Jay and T� Eugene Qhairo, are signed to Cowell’s record label Syco, and have been touring the country since starring in the popular television show, earning an army of fans.
The city centre is expected to be packed for the event, with shoppers enjoying a full evening of entertainment.
The first acts on the Market Place stage will take their place at 4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Previous years have seen X Factor finalists Same Difference perform and last year it was five-piece vocal group The Overtones who wowed the crowd.
As well as a variety of live stage acts including some home-grown talent, there will be a variety of stalls, a craft fair, fun fair and refreshment stalls.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
Also confirmed for the event are the Feather School of Dance, Kaptiv8 children’s singing academy and the Sing! Choir. The ever popular open-top bus will give visitors a tour of the lights.
Anyone wanting to get involved with sponsoring the event, or wanting more details, can contact Ian Newstead on 07725 07734 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.