Breakfast is the order of the day during school awareness week
- Credit: Archant
Breakfasts from all over the world were on the menu at King’s Ely this week when students took part in Shake up your Wake up’s Breakfast Week.
The scheme is being run nationwide and aims to raise awareness of the health and nutritional benefits of eating a good breakfast every morning.
The school took the idea one step further so that students could learn how people from across the globe prepare their morning meals.
Jayne Mackay, head of food technology, said: “Juniors in Years 6 and 7 got the chance to sample a wide variety of foods, including American waffles, tortillas from Mexico, Spanish churos and Dutch cheese and ham on bread.
“Over in King’s Ely Senior, students had their breakfast prepared for them by their peers in King’s Ely International, giving them the chance to not only try traditional breakfasts from around the world but to learn how to create them.
“Students cooked up interesting breakfasts from their countries of origin, such as Chinese noodles, Russian pancakes, and Canadian scones with maple syrup – a recipe which was passed down from the student’s mother.”
For more information about the national initiative, visit www.shakeupyourwakeup.com
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 7 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 8 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?