Breakfast is the order of the day during school awareness week
- Credit: Archant
Breakfasts from all over the world were on the menu at King’s Ely this week when students took part in Shake up your Wake up’s Breakfast Week.
The scheme is being run nationwide and aims to raise awareness of the health and nutritional benefits of eating a good breakfast every morning.
The school took the idea one step further so that students could learn how people from across the globe prepare their morning meals.
Jayne Mackay, head of food technology, said: “Juniors in Years 6 and 7 got the chance to sample a wide variety of foods, including American waffles, tortillas from Mexico, Spanish churos and Dutch cheese and ham on bread.
“Over in King’s Ely Senior, students had their breakfast prepared for them by their peers in King’s Ely International, giving them the chance to not only try traditional breakfasts from around the world but to learn how to create them.
You may also want to watch:
“Students cooked up interesting breakfasts from their countries of origin, such as Chinese noodles, Russian pancakes, and Canadian scones with maple syrup – a recipe which was passed down from the student’s mother.”
For more information about the national initiative, visit www.shakeupyourwakeup.com
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 3 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 4 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 9 Woman transforms lockdown 'art retreat' into her own business
- 10 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest