Breakfast is the order of the day during school awareness week
- Credit: Archant
Breakfasts from all over the world were on the menu at King’s Ely this week when students took part in Shake up your Wake up’s Breakfast Week.
The scheme is being run nationwide and aims to raise awareness of the health and nutritional benefits of eating a good breakfast every morning.
The school took the idea one step further so that students could learn how people from across the globe prepare their morning meals.
Jayne Mackay, head of food technology, said: “Juniors in Years 6 and 7 got the chance to sample a wide variety of foods, including American waffles, tortillas from Mexico, Spanish churos and Dutch cheese and ham on bread.
“Over in King’s Ely Senior, students had their breakfast prepared for them by their peers in King’s Ely International, giving them the chance to not only try traditional breakfasts from around the world but to learn how to create them.
You may also want to watch:
“Students cooked up interesting breakfasts from their countries of origin, such as Chinese noodles, Russian pancakes, and Canadian scones with maple syrup – a recipe which was passed down from the student’s mother.”
For more information about the national initiative, visit www.shakeupyourwakeup.com
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 3 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 7 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 8 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 9 Win vouchers to spend at supermarket
- 10 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings