Start the day the right way at the breakfast café re-launch in Soham
- Credit: Archant
A drop-in breakfast café is re-launching in Soham so that neighbours and friends can spend quality time together.
The Bread Basket, organised by the Soham Mothers' Union (MU), will take place at St Andrews Church.
Archdeacon Hugh McCurdy, who helped inspire MU members to set up the breakfast café, will be officially opening the event this Saturday (May 18) from 10am to 12 noon.
Pots of tea or freshly brewed coffee in individual cafétières, together with a selection of toast, jams, croissants, muffins, fruit loaf and chocolate chip bread will be served at £1.50 per person.
The Soham MU also works together with the Soham Foodbank which hands out complimentary breakfast vouchers for the Bread Basket to its clients.
You may also want to watch:
Soham MU has also been supporting other local initiatives and organisations.
Any profits from the Bread Basket are usually donated to AFIA - Away From It All Holidays - for families who otherwise would not be able to spend time away from home.
- 1 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Firefighters tackle deliberate barn blaze for more than four hours
- 4 Boy, 14, to wear electronic tag and obey curfew after admitting harassment
- 5 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose
- 6 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 7 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 8 Village-wide pyjama day raises £1,600 for Cambridge's new children’s hospital
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 Letters: No praise for Palmer, litter picker success and neglected roads