Ely youngster Harrison, 13, to brave the shave for Macmillan after his grandmother was diagnosed with bone marrow cancer
- Credit: Supplied
An East Cambridgeshire teenager is set to brave the shave for Macmillan Cancer Support after his grandmother was diagnosed with the disease.
Harrison Evan from Ely will have his blonde locks - which he has been growing for two years - chopped off this Sunday (September 22).
Supported by his friends and family, the 13-year-old Ely College pupil has agreed that each person who donated can each shave a part of his head in the charity challenge.
He said: "I am raising money to shave my hair which I have been growing for ages in support specifically for myeloma which my nan has. Please donate even just 50p!"
In just one week, Harrison has raised over £840 of his £900 target for Macmillan following his nan's multiple myeloma bone marrow cancer diagnosis.
You may also want to watch:
His mother, Gemma, said: "We think that Harrison's bravery and thoughtfulness is astounding. Ely College also support him on his fundraising mission.
"All of his school mates from Ely College that have donated their pocket money will be shaving a piece of his hair off.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 9 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
"So far he has funded Macmillan services for a cancer patient in their home for 12 weeks."
To donate to Harrison's cause, visit: bravetheshave.macmillan.org.uk/shavers/harrison--evans