The show must go on! Brass band prepare for virtual Christmas concert
- Credit: Archant
After their plans were scuppered by Covid-19, Littleport Brass were determined to broadcast their Christmas concert to as many fans as possible.
The group, who were supposed to record the two-hour spectacular at Littleport Village Hall, have instead gone virtual this year due to restrictions.
“There will be all the seasonal secular favourites as well as well-loved Christmas carols,” Ian Knapton, musical director and conductor, said.
“Some of these are played by the band’s members in their own homes, together with recordings made in the band room behind the Littleport Ex-Servicemen’s Club by the entire Littleport Brass ensemble before this last lockdown.”
Since being forced to showcase their music on their Facebook page, Littleport Brass have gained a worldwide audience, including through their ‘carols for advent’ quiz.
You may also want to watch:
Presentations will also be made for annual awards such as conductors’ player of the year, Littleport Brass players’ bandsperson of the year and players’ section of the year.
The Littleport Brass virtual festive concert will be streamed on Sunday, December 20 at 7pm on YouTube or their Facebook page.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour