Brand new team at school press club
WITCHFORD Village College Press Club is back for another year, as a brand new team of Year 9 students successfully applied to run the club for the new academic year.
The Press Club has been running for three years and is organised by Mr Gaskins, an English teacher at Witchford. The club publishes short pieces in the local newspapers and the school newsletter and meets every Tuesday to allocate jobs and stories for that week.
To get into the club the students had to write a letter applying to be part of the press club. The best applications, chosen by Mr Gaskins, would get a place in the club.
This year so many students applied and the letters were of such a high standard that five new places were created. The 13 students who got into the club are: Josh Stevens (Editor), Rachel Smit (Editor), George Cooper (Writer), Pennie Ryan (Writer), Nina Procopio (Writer), Clare Green (Writer), Kirsty Blackwell (Photographer), Gabrielle Le Roux (Photographer), Megan Simpkins (Photographer), Georgia Knight (Newsletter) and Bethany Smith (Newsletter).
This year the WVC Press Club will be hoping to cover events such as Children in Need, the London 2012 Olympics, and other events in and around the College.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Gaskins said: “I’m delighted with the new team. They are a talented group of students and I look forward to working with them this year”.
- 1 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 2 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 7 First homes approved for Waterbeach Barracks
- 8 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say
- 10 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre