Boy suffers broken legs in Soham smash
AN eight-year-old boy remains in a serious condition in hospital after being hit by a car in Soham.
The collision took place shortly before 2pm on Market Street on Thursday, with the boy suffering multiple injuries, including two broken legs and injuries to his head and chest.
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service, said: “The child was assessed, treated and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with multiple injuries by land ambulance.”
Air ambulance crews were also on scene.
Pc Andrew Pulley, of the Cambridgeshire Road’s Policing Unit, said: “We would like to hear from anyone with any information no matter how small.”
You may also want to watch:
Contact Pc Pulley on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 ‘Distressed cries’ of beagles fuel animal research unit protest