Boy, 18, killed in collision described as ‘one of the most polite, caring, funny young men you could ever wish to meet’.
- Credit: Archant
The family of a man killed in a fatal collision described him today as “one of the most polite, caring, funny young men you could ever wish to meet”.
Matthew Woodward, 18, died on Saturday in a collision on the A134 at Mundford.
The collision happened at around 5am Matthew’s red Mini Cooper and a blue Vauxhall Zafira near to the junction with the A11.
Matthew sadly died at the scene.
His parents said: “If you knew or ever got the chance to meet our beautiful boy, you’d know he was one of the most polite, caring, funny young men you could ever wish to meet.
“With his cheeky smile and his quick witty sense of humour, there was never a dull moment in his company. He worked hard at night to earn his money to make his little Mini stand out from the crowd. His pride and joy, which sadly never brought him home.
“We as parents would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has contacted us with their kind words of condolences, help and food parcels.
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 3 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 4 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 5 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 9 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
“Our family and ourselves now need some time to ourselves just to grieve and would appreciate some time alone to do this. We thank you all from the bottom of our hearts. X”