Boy, 18, killed in collision described as ‘one of the most polite, caring, funny young men you could ever wish to meet’.
- Credit: Archant
The family of a man killed in a fatal collision described him today as “one of the most polite, caring, funny young men you could ever wish to meet”.
Matthew Woodward, 18, died on Saturday in a collision on the A134 at Mundford.
The collision happened at around 5am Matthew’s red Mini Cooper and a blue Vauxhall Zafira near to the junction with the A11.
Matthew sadly died at the scene.
His parents said: “If you knew or ever got the chance to meet our beautiful boy, you’d know he was one of the most polite, caring, funny young men you could ever wish to meet.
You may also want to watch:
“With his cheeky smile and his quick witty sense of humour, there was never a dull moment in his company. He worked hard at night to earn his money to make his little Mini stand out from the crowd. His pride and joy, which sadly never brought him home.
“We as parents would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has contacted us with their kind words of condolences, help and food parcels.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
“Our family and ourselves now need some time to ourselves just to grieve and would appreciate some time alone to do this. We thank you all from the bottom of our hearts. X”