Bow and arrows thief caught with haul in his bedroom
A MAN who stole three bows, 62 arrows, and £185 worth of electric toothbrushes appeared in Ely Magistrates Court last Thursday. James Harrison, 24, of Hardwicke Close in Littleport, stole on five separate occasions between May 28 and July 10. During th
A MAN who stole three bows, 62 arrows, and £185 worth of electric toothbrushes appeared in Ely Magistrates' Court last Thursday.
James Harrison, 24, of Hardwicke Close in Littleport, stole on five separate occasions between May 28 and July 10.
During the two-week-spree, Harrison stole £417 worth of goods, including alcohol biscuits and doughnuts from the Littleport Co-op, bows and arrows from Littleport Leisure Centre, and seven electric toothbrushes from Lloyds Pharmacy in Littleport.
Police visited Harrison's home on July 11 to question him about three incidents of theft at the Littleport Co-op, after he was identified on CCTV.
You may also want to watch:
During this visit, they discovered the bows and arrows in his bedroom and the electric tooth brushes under his bed, at which point he admitted everything.
The court heard how Harrison had drug and alcohol problems and, after breaking up with his girlfriend, had become so depressed and considered suicide.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
Harrison was ordered to undergo 12 months of supervision by the Probation Service.
No request for compensations or costs was made.