Bow and arrows thief caught with haul in his bedroom
A MAN who stole three bows, 62 arrows, and £185 worth of electric toothbrushes appeared in Ely Magistrates Court last Thursday. James Harrison, 24, of Hardwicke Close in Littleport, stole on five separate occasions between May 28 and July 10. During th
A MAN who stole three bows, 62 arrows, and £185 worth of electric toothbrushes appeared in Ely Magistrates' Court last Thursday.
James Harrison, 24, of Hardwicke Close in Littleport, stole on five separate occasions between May 28 and July 10.
During the two-week-spree, Harrison stole £417 worth of goods, including alcohol biscuits and doughnuts from the Littleport Co-op, bows and arrows from Littleport Leisure Centre, and seven electric toothbrushes from Lloyds Pharmacy in Littleport.
Police visited Harrison's home on July 11 to question him about three incidents of theft at the Littleport Co-op, after he was identified on CCTV.
During this visit, they discovered the bows and arrows in his bedroom and the electric tooth brushes under his bed, at which point he admitted everything.
The court heard how Harrison had drug and alcohol problems and, after breaking up with his girlfriend, had become so depressed and considered suicide.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 4 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 7 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
Harrison was ordered to undergo 12 months of supervision by the Probation Service.
No request for compensations or costs was made.