Bound over after row over money ended in assault
DISABLED Peter Blumenstein was involved in a tussle with his partner when they had a row over money, a court was told. Carole Lindford was in charge of his finances – and she refused to let him have more cash on June 1, because she claimed he had used h
DISABLED Peter Blumenstein was involved in a "tussle" with his partner when they had a row over money, a court was told.
Carole Lindford was in charge of his finances - and she refused to let him have more cash on June 1, because she claimed he had used his allocated spending money for the day.
"There was a row between them, there was a tussle that left Carole Lindford with a headache, and she told police about the incident," prosecutor Yetunde Fawehinmi told Ely magistrates.
Blumenstein, 61, of Chiefs Street, Ely, had previously denied assaulting Ms Lindford at his home address. This week he agreed to be bound over to keep the peace for a year in the sum of £100, and the assault charge was dismissed.
Solicitor Robert Milsom said the couple's relationship ended on the day of the incident, and Ms Lindford had only returned to the property to collect belongings.
He said Blumenstein was significantly disabled in a number of ways, and was dependent on benefit.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 6 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 9 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
"There is not going to be a relationship in the future, so it is not likely there will be any future difficulties," added Mr Milsom.