Bear raffle at Ely bakery raises money for breast cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
An Ely bakery totalled more than £300 for a breast cancer charity with a week of fund raising and a raffle to win a giant teddy bear.
Boswell and Son helped raise money for Breast Awareness, by selling raffle tickets for a draw and name the teddy for a week now.
Claire Hill said: “We can’t thank the local businesses enough for their kind generosity in raffle prizes and a huge great thanks for the Mayor of Ely, in visiting us to help draw the tickets.
“We would like to say thank you to all our customers who helped us raise a staggering amount of £314.89.”
Mayor Councillor Michael Rouse said: “Delighted to visit the lovely ladies in pink at Boswell’s Bakery to take centre stage again with Gilly Lancaster and draw the winning raffle ticket for their Breast Cancer charity.
You may also want to watch:
“We waved goodbye to Gizmo the bear off to a new home.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 5 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools