Boost to Soham family support group
- Credit: Archant
Little Miracles charity in Soham is celebrating after receiving a £300 donation.
The charity is a parent-led support group for families with children who have special needs, disabilities and life limiting conditions.
The group started in July 2013 running a weekly drop in for a few families and has grown every week providing sessions, coffee mornings and days out.
The charity saw an 85% growth in attendances in 2014.
Justin Heron, said: “In view of this growth and demand we are now working really hard towards having our own dedicated centre in Soham which will enable us to provide a much greater number of sessions, support more families and volunteering options.
You may also want to watch:
“This donation means we are one step closer to providing improved and dedicated sensory room services which will make a huge difference to some of the children that we support.”
The group has recently been awarded for it’s sterling work with local special needs children with a presentation from Pinpoint, a group linked to Cambridgeshire County Council.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
Fund coordinators are looking to help small, local community groups and charities across the UK and Ireland by donating cash awards to support people and projects.
Michelle Frost, spokeswoman for Galaxy Hot Chocolate Fund, which donated the money, said: “We know that smaller charities and groups struggle to make ends meet despite the efforts of a huge number of warm hearted volunteers.
“The fund aims to give them a helping hand and hopefully inspire more people to get involved with local community groups.”
Entries are open until February 23 when five £300 awards will be given to deserving recipients every week. Apply at www.galaxyhotchocolate.com.
Little Miracles face to face sessions are at the group’s Sensory Saturdays at the Sure Start Centre in Pratt Street from 2-3pm every week.