AN Ely bookshop has launched an appeal for books to support The Sick Children s Trust. Burrows Bookshop, in High Street Passage, is calling on people across the district to donate books in support of Acorn House, a home from home for ill youngsters at
AN Ely bookshop has launched an appeal for books to support The Sick
Burrows Bookshop, in High Street Passage, is calling on people across the district to donate books in support of Acorn House, a 'home from home' for ill youngsters at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.
The appeal coincided with World Book Week, and for every ten books the public brings in, the shop will make a donation.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Annabel Reddick, pictured, said: "We're looking for any books at all - they are greatly, greatly appreciated.
"We will be collecting up until March 25, and all
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
people need to do is drop in
and put them in our
# Burrows Bookshop has also announced a special midnight opening on July 21 for the new Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
In previous years, the shop has marked the occasion by parking a Ford Anglia outside the store in tribute to the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. For the last book, the exterior of the shop was transformed into the Hogwarts school.
Burrows promises that there are plans in the pipeline for this year's opening.
INFO: The shop is now taking orders for the new Harry Potter book. A place at the midnight launch party is booked with every reserved copy.