Bollywood or bust
A TASTE of Indian culture will be coming to an Ely school later this month, in the form of a spectacular Bollywood-style show. The Lantern Community Primary School will be hosting the event, and pupils will be dancing and participating in a play they prep
A TASTE of Indian culture will be coming to an Ely school later this month, in the form of a spectacular Bollywood-style show.
The Lantern Community Primary School will be hosting the event, and pupils will be dancing and participating in a play they prepared themselves.
A live band will be performing and there will be a variety of food.
Darsha Noon is organising the event and making the costumes.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "The purpose of this show is to bring a taste of Indian culture to Ely. As we are beginning to live in a more mixed community it is important to give children a more rounded upbringing, and this will be a good way of giving them the opportunity to learn about different cultures, dances and music."
Whatley Lane Soliciter, of High Street, Newmarket, has sponsored the event and covered all the costs. All money raised will go the Lantern School.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
INFO: The show will be on January 27, 7-11pm. Tickets, priced £10, are available from the Lantern School by calling 01353 664174. People are advised to book tickets soon as the show is expected to sell out.