Body found in search for missing teenager
- Credit: Archant
Police have discovered the body of a missing teenager in Lakenheath.
The body, discovered on Saturday November 17 afternoon within the base at RAF Lakenheath, has been formally identified as 18-year-old Matthew Strasbaugh, who was last seen on Tuesday, November 13.
Police say he left his home on the RAF base at Lakenheath at around noon to go to a shop but he did not return. He was reported missing to police later that day.
Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue had been assisting in the search for him.
His death is being treated as unexplained but detectives do not currently believe there are any suspicious circumstances and a file will be prepared for the coroner.
You may also want to watch:
Strasbaugh was a dependent of an RAF Mildenhall service member.
Col. Will Marshall, 48th Fighter Wing commander said: “We are deeply saddened this tragic loss has occurred, and thank the Suffolk Constabulary for their tremendous search and recovery efforts.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
“On behalf of our entire Liberty Wing community, we offer our sincerest condolences to the Strasbaugh family and our neighbors at RAF Mildenhall.”
Col. Christopher Amrhein, 100th Air Refueling Wing commander also added: “Our thoughts and prayers are with the Strasbaugh family. Thank you to everyone who assisted us in trying to find Matthew.”