Body Discovered In Haddenham
THE body of a man has been discovered by police in a ditch off the A1412 at Haddenham, close to Witcham Toll. Police and forensic teams were called at 9.30am on Thursday morning to the edge of a field near the Black Fen Waterway Trail where they discovere
THE body of a man has been discovered by police in a ditch off the A1412 at Haddenham, close to Witcham Toll.
Police and forensic teams were called at 9.30am on Thursday morning to the edge of a field near the Black Fen Waterway Trail where they discovered the body of a man, who is as yet unidentified.
Police are treating the death as unexplained while a forensic team headed by DC Harding of Cambridgeshire Police CID carry out an investigation at the scene.
A post mortem is due to be carried out at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge on Friday morning.
You may also want to watch:
Residents of nearby Staple Lees Farmhouse said they had seen and heard nothing until they were alerted by the arrival of a police helicopter overhead.
Fields between Haddenham and Sutton have been a popular pitch for traveller families in the past.
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 4 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 7 Win vouchers to spend at supermarket
- 8 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 10 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays