Body Discovered In Haddenham
THE body of a man has been discovered by police in a ditch off the A1412 at Haddenham, close to Witcham Toll. Police and forensic teams were called at 9.30am on Thursday morning to the edge of a field near the Black Fen Waterway Trail where they discovere
THE body of a man has been discovered by police in a ditch off the A1412 at Haddenham, close to Witcham Toll.
Police and forensic teams were called at 9.30am on Thursday morning to the edge of a field near the Black Fen Waterway Trail where they discovered the body of a man, who is as yet unidentified.
Police are treating the death as unexplained while a forensic team headed by DC Harding of Cambridgeshire Police CID carry out an investigation at the scene.
A post mortem is due to be carried out at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge on Friday morning.
Residents of nearby Staple Lees Farmhouse said they had seen and heard nothing until they were alerted by the arrival of a police helicopter overhead.
Fields between Haddenham and Sutton have been a popular pitch for traveller families in the past.
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 5 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 6 'Our dog was our motivation’ - couple behind organic dog treats business
- 7 Unearthed treasures to be displayed outside British Museum for first time
- 8 Disciplinary action against anti-Pride pastor ‘never, ever about his religion’
- 9 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 10 Izzy, 16, bids to kickstart female football revolution with new team