Body Discovered In Haddenham
THE body of a man has been discovered by police in a ditch off the A1412 at Haddenham, close to Witcham Toll. Police and forensic teams were called at 9.30am on Thursday morning to the edge of a field near the Black Fen Waterway Trail where they discovere
THE body of a man has been discovered by police in a ditch off the A1412 at Haddenham, close to Witcham Toll.
Police and forensic teams were called at 9.30am on Thursday morning to the edge of a field near the Black Fen Waterway Trail where they discovered the body of a man, who is as yet unidentified.
Police are treating the death as unexplained while a forensic team headed by DC Harding of Cambridgeshire Police CID carry out an investigation at the scene.
A post mortem is due to be carried out at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge on Friday morning.
You may also want to watch:
Residents of nearby Staple Lees Farmhouse said they had seen and heard nothing until they were alerted by the arrival of a police helicopter overhead.
Fields between Haddenham and Sutton have been a popular pitch for traveller families in the past.
- 1 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 2 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 County council orders review into £120m lending to This Land
- 5 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 6 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 7 ‘Fantastic’ week at musical theatre workshop
- 8 Camp Beagle protest arrest on suspicion of ‘intimidation’
- 9 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 10 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle