Body Discovered In Haddenham
THE body of a man has been discovered by police in a ditch off the A1412 at Haddenham, close to Witcham Toll. Police and forensic teams were called at 9.30am on Thursday morning to the edge of a field near the Black Fen Waterway Trail where they discovere
THE body of a man has been discovered by police in a ditch off the A1412 at Haddenham, close to Witcham Toll.
Police and forensic teams were called at 9.30am on Thursday morning to the edge of a field near the Black Fen Waterway Trail where they discovered the body of a man, who is as yet unidentified.
Police are treating the death as unexplained while a forensic team headed by DC Harding of Cambridgeshire Police CID carry out an investigation at the scene.
A post mortem is due to be carried out at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge on Friday morning.
You may also want to watch:
Residents of nearby Staple Lees Farmhouse said they had seen and heard nothing until they were alerted by the arrival of a police helicopter overhead.
Fields between Haddenham and Sutton have been a popular pitch for traveller families in the past.
- 1 Holiday park 'honoured' to host Cambridge Boat Race teams
- 2 Youngsters finally get their wish thanks to new goalposts
- 3 'Lot wrong' but opponents admit concrete plant expansion defeat
- 4 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 5 Museum shares historical photos of Ely Market and its royal visitors
- 6 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 7 Rats spotted around overflowing bins in Ely
- 8 Mum-of-two battling arthritis tackles year-long workout test
- 9 Counsellor moves practise outdoors with ‘Walk and Talk Sessions’
- 10 'Cash strapped' force picks up bill for 120 Boat Race police