Body Discovered In Haddenham
THE body of a man has been discovered by police in a ditch off the A1412 at Haddenham, close to Witcham Toll. Police and forensic teams were called at 9.30am on Thursday morning to the edge of a field near the Black Fen Waterway Trail where they discovere
THE body of a man has been discovered by police in a ditch off the A1412 at Haddenham, close to Witcham Toll.
Police and forensic teams were called at 9.30am on Thursday morning to the edge of a field near the Black Fen Waterway Trail where they discovered the body of a man, who is as yet unidentified.
Police are treating the death as unexplained while a forensic team headed by DC Harding of Cambridgeshire Police CID carry out an investigation at the scene.
A post mortem is due to be carried out at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge on Friday morning.
You may also want to watch:
Residents of nearby Staple Lees Farmhouse said they had seen and heard nothing until they were alerted by the arrival of a police helicopter overhead.
Fields between Haddenham and Sutton have been a popular pitch for traveller families in the past.
- 1 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
- 2 £2m in government funding secured to explore A10 improvements
- 3 Man dies in A11 ditch crash
- 4 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 5 New chief executive for combined authority will earn up to £200k a year
- 6 'Most significant' Fens archive footage in years
- 7 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 8 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 9 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 10 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned