Boat catches fire in Annesdale, Ely after generator overheats
PUBLISHED: 09:54 11 July 2016 | UPDATED: 09:54 11 July 2016
An overheated generator caused a boat to catch fire yesterday afternoon.
Crews from Cambridge and Ely were called to a boat fire in Annesdale, Ely at around 12.28pm.
Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to extinguish the fire.
They returned to their stations by 2pm.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ely Standard. Click the link in the orange box above for details.