BMW speeds off from police in Little Downham - police are searching for the driver
- Credit: Archant
A BMW said to be “in a substantial state of disrepair” sped off from police officers in Little Downham in the early hours of Friday morning.
The purple BMW 525i, which made off from officers at high speed, was later recovered in Cowbridge Hall Drove.
Police said the car is notified as being off road (SORN) and has no insurance. It was seized under provisions of the Road Traffic Act.
The vehicle is said to be in an substantial state of disrepair, is not road worthy, and is likely to be destroyed.
PC Alistair McKenzie said: “The vehicle made off from us at a substantial speed.
You may also want to watch:
“We don’t know who the driver is and enquiries are ongoing to identify that person.
“If you have witnessed the driving of this vehicle, or could identify the driver, please get in touch.”
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
Anyone with information should contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, by calling 0800 555 111 or call police on 101.