BMW speeds off from police in Little Downham - police are searching for the driver
- Credit: Archant
A BMW said to be “in a substantial state of disrepair” sped off from police officers in Little Downham in the early hours of Friday morning.
The purple BMW 525i, which made off from officers at high speed, was later recovered in Cowbridge Hall Drove.
Police said the car is notified as being off road (SORN) and has no insurance. It was seized under provisions of the Road Traffic Act.
The vehicle is said to be in an substantial state of disrepair, is not road worthy, and is likely to be destroyed.
PC Alistair McKenzie said: “The vehicle made off from us at a substantial speed.
“We don’t know who the driver is and enquiries are ongoing to identify that person.
“If you have witnessed the driving of this vehicle, or could identify the driver, please get in touch.”
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 5 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
- 8 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 10 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
Anyone with information should contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, by calling 0800 555 111 or call police on 101.