Blueprint fr twn’s future
ELY has its masterplan, Sham has a Visin, but what abut Littleprt? At a meeting n Mnday, Littleprt district cuncillr Fred Brwn dismissed talk f Littleprt getting its wn masterplan. We d need an verview fr the village in the near future,
ELY has its masterplan, Sham has a Visin, but what abut Littleprt?
At a meeting n Mnday, Littleprt district cuncillr Fred Brwn dismissed talk f Littleprt getting its wn masterplan.
"We d need an verview fr the village in the near future," he said.
"Littleprt has gt mst f the majr develpment, but I dn't think a masterplan is right fr the village.
"We'd be putting t much int the melting pt and cme up with a dg's dinner.
"The Ely Masterplan has been very expensive. What has cme ut f it is that cnsultants dn't have all the answers, and we shuld get lcal peple rund the table t discuss what is right fr us."
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 4 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 5 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 6 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 7 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 8 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 9 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
But Cllr Andy Wright said: "With the cncentratin f funding n Ely Masterplan and Sham Visin we have t fight ur crner. We need t figure as much in these plans as anyne else and nt t be sld shrt because the fcus is in Ely.
"There is still a lng way t g n the Ely Masterplan. Our jb is t watch carefully and t make sure nthing happens t damage the village."
Lng-term 'wish lists' fr Littleprt include a new secndary schl, preferably placed in between Millfield and Littleprt primary, and a multi-strey car park built level with the railway tracks at the statin.
Cllr Christine Ambrse-Smith suggested new cycleways t the statin.