Blueprint fr twn’s future
ELY has its masterplan, Sham has a Visin, but what abut Littleprt? At a meeting n Mnday, Littleprt district cuncillr Fred Brwn dismissed talk f Littleprt getting its wn masterplan. We d need an verview fr the village in the near future,
ELY has its masterplan, Sham has a Visin, but what abut Littleprt?
At a meeting n Mnday, Littleprt district cuncillr Fred Brwn dismissed talk f Littleprt getting its wn masterplan.
"We d need an verview fr the village in the near future," he said.
"Littleprt has gt mst f the majr develpment, but I dn't think a masterplan is right fr the village.
You may also want to watch:
"We'd be putting t much int the melting pt and cme up with a dg's dinner.
"The Ely Masterplan has been very expensive. What has cme ut f it is that cnsultants dn't have all the answers, and we shuld get lcal peple rund the table t discuss what is right fr us."
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
But Cllr Andy Wright said: "With the cncentratin f funding n Ely Masterplan and Sham Visin we have t fight ur crner. We need t figure as much in these plans as anyne else and nt t be sld shrt because the fcus is in Ely.
"There is still a lng way t g n the Ely Masterplan. Our jb is t watch carefully and t make sure nthing happens t damage the village."
Lng-term 'wish lists' fr Littleprt include a new secndary schl, preferably placed in between Millfield and Littleprt primary, and a multi-strey car park built level with the railway tracks at the statin.
Cllr Christine Ambrse-Smith suggested new cycleways t the statin.