Blue bins will be delivered to residents in East Cambs next week
- Credit: Archant
Council bosses hope to reach their target of getting 60 per cent of households in East Cambs to recycle by supplying more blue bins.
Residents who have ordered their second blue bin will begin receiving them next week as East Cambridgeshire District Council’s trading company, East Cambs Street Scene, prepares to start delivering waste and street cleansing services.
This move has enabled the council to provide residents with the option to acquire a second blue bin for a one-off payment of £25.
Residents have been able to order their second blue bins since February.
Tracey Arnold, who lives in Littleport, was the first lucky resident to receive her second blue bin and was also given a voucher on behalf of the council as a thank you for her promise to continue to recycle.
You may also want to watch:
Tracey said: “I was first made aware of the council’s dedication to improving its recycling rates when they visited Littleport Community Primary School to launch their recycling campaign, ‘Be like Michael, recycle’.
“When I heard that I was going to be one of the first people in the district to receive a second blue bin I was thrilled. Recycling is so important to me and the second blue bin is going to make my life so much easier. I would encourage anyone to consider getting a second blue bin and help to our community’s overall recycling rate”.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
The bins will not be collected until after April 3 when East Cambs Street Scene start their collection rounds.
Councillor Julia Huffer, service delivery champion for waste services said: “Residents have been telling us for a long time that they want an extra blue bin and I am very pleased to see this come to fruition. This is an exciting time for the council with the introduction of the new trading company, we are able to offer a reliable and flexible service for the district.
To order your second blue bin, visit the East Cambs website: https://www.eastcambs.gov.uk/content/additional-blue-bin