Blue bins will be delivered to residents in East Cambs next week
- Credit: Archant
Council bosses hope to reach their target of getting 60 per cent of households in East Cambs to recycle by supplying more blue bins.
Residents who have ordered their second blue bin will begin receiving them next week as East Cambridgeshire District Council’s trading company, East Cambs Street Scene, prepares to start delivering waste and street cleansing services.
This move has enabled the council to provide residents with the option to acquire a second blue bin for a one-off payment of £25.
Residents have been able to order their second blue bins since February.
Tracey Arnold, who lives in Littleport, was the first lucky resident to receive her second blue bin and was also given a voucher on behalf of the council as a thank you for her promise to continue to recycle.
Tracey said: “I was first made aware of the council’s dedication to improving its recycling rates when they visited Littleport Community Primary School to launch their recycling campaign, ‘Be like Michael, recycle’.
“When I heard that I was going to be one of the first people in the district to receive a second blue bin I was thrilled. Recycling is so important to me and the second blue bin is going to make my life so much easier. I would encourage anyone to consider getting a second blue bin and help to our community’s overall recycling rate”.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 3 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 6 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 7 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 8 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 9 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 10 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
The bins will not be collected until after April 3 when East Cambs Street Scene start their collection rounds.
Councillor Julia Huffer, service delivery champion for waste services said: “Residents have been telling us for a long time that they want an extra blue bin and I am very pleased to see this come to fruition. This is an exciting time for the council with the introduction of the new trading company, we are able to offer a reliable and flexible service for the district.
To order your second blue bin, visit the East Cambs website: https://www.eastcambs.gov.uk/content/additional-blue-bin