Blue Badge Winners Are Experts On Ely
ELY S fresh set of tourism guides have earned the industry s top award. Seventeen people gained the coveted Blue Badge after sitting exams on topics as diverse as drainage of the Fens and life in Ely Cathedral. The potential guides spent a gruelling six
ELY'S fresh set of tourism guides have earned the industry's top award.
Seventeen people gained the coveted Blue Badge after sitting exams on topics as diverse as drainage of the Fens and life in Ely Cathedral.
The potential guides spent a gruelling six months listening to lectures and attending practical demonstrations.
Tracey Harding, tourism leader for East Cambridgeshire District Council said: "Unfortunately we lost a few people along the way, but those who survived learnt about subjects as varied as the civil war, ghosts, and architectural information. Now we have more guides we can take on more group tours as well as guide visitors round Oliver Cromwell's House on Saturdays."
You may also want to watch:
City Walk tours will start this month and continue through to September.
If you would like to know more about the history of your city, call 01353 665555.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident