ELY is hoping to prove it s blooming marvellous for the third year running when it takes part in the Anglia in Bloom competition. In the past the city has done well in the competition, gaining a bronze award in 2005 and a Silver Award for Best Large Town
ELY is hoping to prove it's blooming marvellous for the third year running when it takes part in the Anglia in Bloom competition.
In the past the city has done well in the competition, gaining a bronze award in 2005 and a Silver Award for 'Best Large Town' in 2006.
An addition this year to town centre colour and beauty, is the planting out of two roundabouts in the west of the city, sponsored by the City of Ely Council.
The team of councillors responsible have decided on a low maintenance planting scheme which will provide all year colour.
You may also want to watch:
After months of behind the scenes activities, the public face of 'Ely in Bloom' goes on show this week with the installation of the town's many hanging baskets, barrier planters and tiered planters in the city centre.
There will be an Ely in Bloom fund-raising stall on the market on Saturday.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
Donations of bric-a-brac, plants, homemade produce etc can be taken to the stall on the day.
The judging will take place on Thursday, July 19.