Bloomin’ marvellous! Entries for this year’s Ely in Bloom competition are real show-stoppers
- Credit: Archant
Judging for this year’s Ely in Bloom competition has taken place – but the identity of the winners will remain a secret for a few weeks yet!
An 11-strong panel of judges gathered last Wednesday to inspect entries for this year’s competition which featured four categories: best tubs, best open space, best community space and best restaurant.
Entrants were marked out of 10 by edge judge before scores were collated at the end of the day and the winners selected.
But their identities will remain a closely guarded secret until the awards evening, which takes place on August 12, from 7pm, in the City of Ely Council’s Market Street offices.
Cllr Alison Arnold said she was sworn to secrecy but said there were a few entries that came close to perfect scores.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Judging went very well this year. We had some fantastic entries in tubs and community spaces and though there were no perfect scores, there were a few who came very close.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack