Bloomin’ marvellous! Entries for this year’s Ely in Bloom competition are real show-stoppers
- Credit: Archant
Judging for this year’s Ely in Bloom competition has taken place – but the identity of the winners will remain a secret for a few weeks yet!
An 11-strong panel of judges gathered last Wednesday to inspect entries for this year’s competition which featured four categories: best tubs, best open space, best community space and best restaurant.
Entrants were marked out of 10 by edge judge before scores were collated at the end of the day and the winners selected.
But their identities will remain a closely guarded secret until the awards evening, which takes place on August 12, from 7pm, in the City of Ely Council’s Market Street offices.
Cllr Alison Arnold said she was sworn to secrecy but said there were a few entries that came close to perfect scores.
She said: “Judging went very well this year. We had some fantastic entries in tubs and community spaces and though there were no perfect scores, there were a few who came very close.”
- 1 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 2 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 3 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 4 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 5 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 8 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 9 Frustration for Ely City is United's gain as unbeaten home run ends
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series