Blood spattered victim of multiple stabbing terrifies family as he staggers to Ely house to summon help
- Credit: Archant
A woman described as “terrifying” the moment the blood spattered victim of a multiple stabbing walked into her Ely home.
“The trauma my kids and I have gone through and still are should never happen,” she said.
The attack happened on New Barns Avenue, Ely, at around 9.30pm last Wednesday (October 18).
A police spokesman said: “We are investigating a robbery which took place in New Barns Avenue, Ely.
“The victim, a man in his 20s, was approached by six men and asked to hand over his possessions. The victim handed over his mobile phone and some cash. The men stabbed him in the neck.”]
The spokesman said: “The victim sought help from a nearby resident who called the ambulance service. He was taken to hospital with minor injuries.
“Five of the men were white and one was black.”
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 8 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 9 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
Detective Sergeant Amanda Foreman said: “We are treating this as an isolated incident and have been carrying out reassurance patrols in the area. We would ask anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident and saw anything suspicious to contact us.”
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting incident CF0600911017.
The woman who gave the victim temporary refuge and called for help was critical that no public appeal has been made until now.
Cambs Police was contacted by the Ely Standard after she contacted us over the weekend.
“It amazes me that a complete stranger is stabbed by five people on a Wednesday night at the park on New Barns and then lets himself into someone’s house, terrifying the family.
“Nothing has been reported to warn residents of this, considering it occurred at 9.30pm. Teenagers would have still been out and front doors unlocked.
“Surely people should know?”
She added: “It was my house he entered and I feel that people should be warned.”