Blood spattered victim of multiple stabbing terrifies family as he staggers to Ely house to summon help
- Credit: Archant
A woman described as “terrifying” the moment the blood spattered victim of a multiple stabbing walked into her Ely home.
“The trauma my kids and I have gone through and still are should never happen,” she said.
The attack happened on New Barns Avenue, Ely, at around 9.30pm last Wednesday (October 18).
A police spokesman said: “We are investigating a robbery which took place in New Barns Avenue, Ely.
“The victim, a man in his 20s, was approached by six men and asked to hand over his possessions. The victim handed over his mobile phone and some cash. The men stabbed him in the neck.”]
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said: “The victim sought help from a nearby resident who called the ambulance service. He was taken to hospital with minor injuries.
“Five of the men were white and one was black.”
- 1 Police arrest 14-year-old after criminal behaviour order breach
- 2 Council told to pay costs as concrete factory wins appeal
- 3 Dog groomer produces stylish display on the global stage
- 4 Lucky escape for motorists who suffered minor injuries in A10 crash
- 5 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 6 Nine years jail for paedophile who 'manipulated and exploited' teenage girls
- 7 FOI reveals the number of A10 crashes between Stretham and Milton
- 8 Plans submitted for nine new homes in Littleport
- 9 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 10 No fairytale debut for Brett after falling at first hurdle
Detective Sergeant Amanda Foreman said: “We are treating this as an isolated incident and have been carrying out reassurance patrols in the area. We would ask anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident and saw anything suspicious to contact us.”
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting incident CF0600911017.
The woman who gave the victim temporary refuge and called for help was critical that no public appeal has been made until now.
Cambs Police was contacted by the Ely Standard after she contacted us over the weekend.
“It amazes me that a complete stranger is stabbed by five people on a Wednesday night at the park on New Barns and then lets himself into someone’s house, terrifying the family.
“Nothing has been reported to warn residents of this, considering it occurred at 9.30pm. Teenagers would have still been out and front doors unlocked.
“Surely people should know?”
She added: “It was my house he entered and I feel that people should be warned.”