Bliss to play at Cathedral
A MAY Day concert featuring widely acclaimed clarinettist Julian Bliss takes place at Ely Cathedral on Saturday, May 3. The programme will include Mozart s Clarinet Concerto and Rossini s Variations as well as a mix of seasonal choral music from Richard R
A MAY Day concert featuring widely acclaimed clarinettist Julian Bliss takes place at Ely Cathedral on Saturday, May 3.
The programme will include Mozart's Clarinet Concerto and Rossini's Variations as well as a mix of seasonal choral music from Richard Rodney Bennett, John Rutter and Benjamin Britten.
Julian is a favourite of the royal family and has been asked to perform several times at Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle as well as the Queen's Jubilee Celebrations in the grounds of Buckingham Palace in 2002. Now firmly established as one of the most highly acclaimed clarinettist in the world, Julian has agreed to perform for free to support the Ely Cathedral Appeal. He will also attend a drink's reception at the Lady Chapel during the interval and there will be a limited number of tickets available to attend, which will include Octagon seating.
Julian will perform alongside the Ely Imps and the Ely Cathedral Choir. The Ely Imps made their debut at the event two years ago and joined forces with the cathedral choristers to sing the songs of Richard Bennett as well as some jazz numbers.
You may also want to watch:
INFO: Tickets are £20, £15, £10, £5 and premium tickets, including the drink's reception in the Lady Chapel are £30. Available from the box office on 01353 660349 or at www.cathedral.elyanglican.org
- 1 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 2 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 9 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed