Blades under seat
TWO bladed articles and some cannabis were found in a car searched at the Ely Travelodge, magistrates heard this week. A black-handled kitchen knife and a wooden-handled cleaver were under a seat of the silver BMW, and a bag of herbal cannabis was in a do
TWO bladed articles and some cannabis were found in a car searched at the Ely Travelodge, magistrates heard this week.
A black-handled kitchen knife and a wooden-handled cleaver were under a seat of the silver BMW, and a bag of herbal cannabis was in a door pocket.
The items were discovered in the back of the car in April 2006 - but car driver Thomas Kilgallon failed to appear in court until this week.
Kilgallon, 28, of Garston, Liverpool, had been arrested on a warrant and brought to Ely courthouse on Thursday, where he admitted possessing the knife, the cleaver and the cannabis, and admitted failing to surrender to the court on April 27 2006.
You may also want to watch:
The car Kilgallon was driving at the Travelodge on April 1 2006 belonged to his partner, and he was unaware the kitchen utensils were in the vehicle.
The court ordered Kilgallon to carry out 100 hours of unpaid work. He must pay £60 costs and forfeit the two bladed articles and the drugs.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'