BlackBox confirmed for Ely’s Party on the Hill festival
- Credit: Archant
Dance group BlackBox are the latest act to be confirmed for Ely’s upcoming Party on the Hill music festival.
It was announced earlier this month that, after a year-long hiatus, Party on the Hill was set to make a return and BlackBox will join Jocelyn Brown as headline acts.
The group reached the peak of their fame in the 1980s and early 1990s with a string of hits including Ride on Time, I Don’t Know Anybody Else, Everybody Everybody, and Strike it Up.
Organisers of the festival have earmarked Saturday, September 5, for the comeback event and the first act to appear was duly announced, with soul singer Jocelyn Brown set to take the stage.
Brown rose to fame in the 1980s with hits including Somebody Else’s Guy and Love’s Gonna Get You and her vocals were featured on the 90s dance hit The Power, by Snap!
You may also want to watch:
Joining BlackBox and Brown on the bill will be East Cambridgeshire bands Blue Thunder, Tia and the Bandits, and Zelda, alongside solo act Josh Curnow.
X Factor winner Matt Cardle was among the acts for the first Party on the Hill, in 2013, with Atomic Kitten, DJ Ironik and Blue all performing to thousands of revellers in Ely’s Cherry Hill Park.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
But the event did not return in 2014, with organisers blaming “too many issues”.