Bishop to open up gardens for NSPCC event
- Credit: Archant
The Bishop of Ely is to host a ‘gardening extravaganza’ in aid of the NSPCC.
The Rt Rev Stephen Conway will welcome guests into a marquee in the grounds of his own garden on June 27, from 2pm, where a panel of experts will answer gardening questions.
A cream tea will be served and there will be two floral display demonstrations.
Later in the evening, from 6 to 7.45pm, there will be a choral event at the same venue, with the Isle Singers performing easy listening music. There will be refreshments and a hamper raffle.
Tickets, from £10, are available from Burrows Bookshop, in High Street Passage, Ely, from Lesley, on 01353 659986, or Wendy, on 01353 664752.
You may also want to watch:
The Ely branch of NSPCC is looking for a new secretary and more committee members, who have lots of stamina to help with future events.
Please contact Lesley on 01353 659986 for more information.
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 Heroin dealer kept machete at home