Bishop of Ely to lead pilgrimage to Christian Holy Lands
- Credit: Archant
The Bishop of Ely is to follow in the footsteps of Jesus Christ by leading a congregation on a pilgrimage to Israel.
The pilgrimage is being organised for February next year and will see the Rt Rev Stephen Conway and a party from the Diocese of Ely travel around the Christian Holy Lands.
Pilgrims will take in a number of sights, including the Sea of Galilee, Nazareth, Bethlehem and Jerusalem.
Bishop Stephen said: “We will travel together as pilgrims, building understanding and friendships across our diocese and beyond our local experience of the church.
“Our travels through the Holy Land will introduce us to the landscape that shaped Jesus, and teach us to read the gospels with fresh eyes as we stand on the shore of Lake Galilee, or the Mount of the Transfiguration, or walk through the streets of Jerusalem.
You may also want to watch:
“They will also reveal the impact of 2,000 years of struggle and conflict. We will meet Christians, Jews and Muslims who live in a constant climate of rivalry and fear.”
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 10 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown