Bishop Laney Sixth Form teams with Norwich City FC to launch girls college football programme
- Credit: Archant
Bishop Laney Sixth Form in Ely is teaming up with Norwich City FC Regional Development to launch a girls college football programme.
The programme will provide an opportunity for girls, aged between 16 and 18, to continue their academic, footballing and career development through Norwich City Football Club.
Students will be able to combine a football training and fixture programme with a variety of courses over a two-year period, gaining the equivalent of three A levels as well as experience.
The training programme runs for four to six hours a week and students will have the opportunity to represent Norwich City FC in the English College League and Cup competitions.
Alex Kaufman, football development officer at Norwich City FC Regional Development, said: “We are delighted to be able to offer a unique opportunity to support girl’s football in Cambridgeshire. The variety of courses on offer will allow the students flexibility to enjoy their football, as well as learn and develop skills in their chosen field.
You may also want to watch:
“We have worked extremely hard alongside Bishop Laney Sixth Form to ensure that we can bring the programme to life and we look forward to a successful future in the area running alongside our already established boys programme”.
Richard Spencer, principal of Ely College and joint-leader of Bishop Laney Sixth Form, said: “It is important that we support equal opportunities for all and that we encourage local girls to reach their full potential.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
“Girls that show a strong desire and development within the football side of the programme may even be supported through potential progression into positions within local football teams.”
The sixth form is holding an open day for the scheme on Wednesday February 15 at Ely College from 10am-1pm. For further information or to book email firstname.lastname@example.org call 07500229619 or visit www.norwichcityfc-cambs.co.uk/