Birthday boy Arvind donates £500 to Lisa’s Fund
- Credit: Archant
GENEROUS Arvind Shah donated all the money from his 40th birthday celebrations to Lisa Barnes Memorial Fund.
Arvind, a web developer living and working in Prickwillow, threw a party for his friends and requested, instead of bringing cards and gifts, that people donate to
Lisa’s fund through a justgiving page set up for the occasion
Arvind and his partner Sally, an NHS nurse in Ely, organised the party with the help of their friends and raised almost £500 in donations.
He said: “I am absolutely amazed at the response from our guests and everybody had a fantastic time. Being a festival-goer myself, I wanted to create a festival atmosphere and we invited people to camp out in the garden.
“We even managed to drag ourselves out of bed the morning after and serve croissants for breakfast to our guests. Robert Barnes is good friend of mine and being able to contribute to Lisa’s Fund feels fantastic.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 8 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 9 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 10 'Farmgate' report leaks reveal concerns over Manor Farm tenancy
Robert Barnes added: “It was touching to meet everyone at the party who wanted to know all about Lisa’s Fund. Everyone was having a great time and I am so grateful to Arvind and his friends for being so generous.”
Lisa’s Fund now stands at £80,000.