Birthday boy Arvind donates £500 to Lisa’s Fund
- Credit: Archant
GENEROUS Arvind Shah donated all the money from his 40th birthday celebrations to Lisa Barnes Memorial Fund.
Arvind, a web developer living and working in Prickwillow, threw a party for his friends and requested, instead of bringing cards and gifts, that people donate to
Lisa’s fund through a justgiving page set up for the occasion
Arvind and his partner Sally, an NHS nurse in Ely, organised the party with the help of their friends and raised almost £500 in donations.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I am absolutely amazed at the response from our guests and everybody had a fantastic time. Being a festival-goer myself, I wanted to create a festival atmosphere and we invited people to camp out in the garden.
“We even managed to drag ourselves out of bed the morning after and serve croissants for breakfast to our guests. Robert Barnes is good friend of mine and being able to contribute to Lisa’s Fund feels fantastic.
- 1 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 2 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 3 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 4 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 5 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 6 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 7 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 8 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road
Robert Barnes added: “It was touching to meet everyone at the party who wanted to know all about Lisa’s Fund. Everyone was having a great time and I am so grateful to Arvind and his friends for being so generous.”
Lisa’s Fund now stands at £80,000.