Bingo Night Raises Cash for Fire-fighters’ Charity
“The turnout this year was exceptionally good considering the economic climate, which helped us make an impressive total of �875.”
FIRE-FIGHTERS from Littleport Fire Station have handed over a cheque to The Fire Fighters’ Charity after raising a cool �875. The money raised at the station’s annual bingo night will go to help injured fire-fighters and their families.
The crew has organised the fund-raising event at Littleport Village Hall for the last 30 years and has raised thousands of pounds for the charity.
Watch commander Clive Allen said: “The turnout this year was exceptionally good considering the economic climate, which helped us make an impressive total of �875.
“My thanks go to everyone who came along and supported us on the night and we look forward to seeing even more people next winter.”
You may also want to watch:
Pic cap: Watch commander Allen is pictured holding the cheque with the Littleport fire-fighters.
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 3 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 9 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life