Bingo Night Raises Cash for Fire-fighters’ Charity
“The turnout this year was exceptionally good considering the economic climate, which helped us make an impressive total of �875.”
FIRE-FIGHTERS from Littleport Fire Station have handed over a cheque to The Fire Fighters’ Charity after raising a cool �875. The money raised at the station’s annual bingo night will go to help injured fire-fighters and their families.
The crew has organised the fund-raising event at Littleport Village Hall for the last 30 years and has raised thousands of pounds for the charity.
Watch commander Clive Allen said: “The turnout this year was exceptionally good considering the economic climate, which helped us make an impressive total of �875.
“My thanks go to everyone who came along and supported us on the night and we look forward to seeing even more people next winter.”
Pic cap: Watch commander Allen is pictured holding the cheque with the Littleport fire-fighters.
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 6 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 7 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 8 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 9 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 10 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet