Bingo Night Raises Cash for Fire-fighters’ Charity
“The turnout this year was exceptionally good considering the economic climate, which helped us make an impressive total of �875.”
FIRE-FIGHTERS from Littleport Fire Station have handed over a cheque to The Fire Fighters’ Charity after raising a cool �875. The money raised at the station’s annual bingo night will go to help injured fire-fighters and their families.
The crew has organised the fund-raising event at Littleport Village Hall for the last 30 years and has raised thousands of pounds for the charity.
Watch commander Clive Allen said: “The turnout this year was exceptionally good considering the economic climate, which helped us make an impressive total of �875.
“My thanks go to everyone who came along and supported us on the night and we look forward to seeing even more people next winter.”
You may also want to watch:
Pic cap: Watch commander Allen is pictured holding the cheque with the Littleport fire-fighters.
- 1 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 5 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 6 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 7 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 8 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- 9 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 10 Death crash driver who fled is jailed