Binge drinking - no increase!
NEW licensing laws have been introduced which some people were predicting would bring anarchy to our streets due to binge drinking. I am pleased to be able to tell you that this was not the case. During December, the southern team visited all the licen
NEW licensing laws have been introduced which some people were predicting would bring anarchy to our streets due to binge drinking. I am pleased to be able to tell you that this was not the case.
During December, the southern team visited all the licensed premises in our area and found them all to be well kept, properly licensed and peaceful. We did not see a significant increase in arrests for drunkenness or disorder. I would like to thank all of our licensees for their hard work in ensuring that this was the case.
Unfortunately during December there were several burglaries in Soham whereby elderly victims had cash stolen from their homes, the burglary squad is investigating the crimes at this time and our team is conducting patrols in areas that may be vulnerable.
Please can I request that you telephone us immediately if you see anybody that you do not recognise behaving suspiciously in your street or calling at your home. We will willingly come out and speak to these people and establish if they are genuine or not. You never know, you may help us catch a burglar.
Sergeant Nigel Leadbetter
South Neighbourhood Beat
- 1 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 2 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 3 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 8 ‘If it wasn’t for NICU I possibly wouldn’t be here today’ - Darren fundraising for Addenbrooke's
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
0845 4564 564 (ex 6640)