Adverse weather prompts East Cambs Council to suspend bin collections for today for safety reasons
- Credit: Archant
Waste collections in East Cambridgeshire have been suspended for today.
The council says that “adverse weather conditions and concerns for safety” had prompted them to call an early halt to collections.
“We will aim to catch up on missed collections tomorrow, although this is dependent on weather conditions improving.” said a council spokesman.
Collections which have been postponed include Barway, Soham, Fordham, Chippenham, Kennett, Upware, Snailwell, Stuntney and Wicken.
The spokesman added: “Please leave your collections out and we will endeavour to collect them as soon as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information please visit the East Cambs District Council website: www.eastcambs.gov.uk or call 01353 665555.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash