Bikers unite in Littleport to help raise thousands for charity
- Credit: Archant
More than £2,700 was raised by generous bikers after a successful show in Littleport.
The 363 MCC Motorcycle Club raised the money after their Crowning Around event in May at The Crown Inn.
On July 16 at the pub, the 363MCC president, Mark Robinson, along with his fellow bikers, presented a cheque of £2,000 to Tammy Swiderski of the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
"Over the years since 363 MCC have been donating to our charity, we have now received in the region of £12,000 which is just an amazing amount of money and we can't thank them enough," Tammy said.
Another cheque for £500 was given to Abigail Abdel-Aal from The Sick Children's Trust of Addenbrooke's Hospital.
Full of praise for the club, Abigail said: "It may be the first time we've received a cheque from 363 MCC, but I know how generous they have been every year donating presents for the Santa Bike Run which they personally deliver by bike to the sick children in Addenbrooke's Hospital."
Littleport's independent Foodbank will also be given food and toiletries to the tune of £250 which is the 363 MCC's next mission.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 4 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 5 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 6 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
Finally, the bikers have generously collected £50 sponsoring Cathy Gibb de Swarte when she does the Littleport 10K MS charity run which takes place on Sunday July 28 at 10.45am.
It will start at Littleport Leisure where Cathy will be in a team of nine runners hoping to raise lots of money for charity.