Weekly ‘pop up’ bicycle repair shop comes to Ely
- Credit: The Papworth Trust
Bicycle repairs and maintenance will be available at a ‘pop up’ repair shop in Ely run by the Papworth Trust.
OWL Bikes has volunteers carrying out on-the-spot repairs for cyclists while they’re at work or shopping.
The initiative is run by the trust and offers work and training opportunities for disabled people.
The OWL Bikes pop-ups are available every Thursday at Ely market.
Volunteers who can spare between five and six hours a week on the stand are also needed to carry out repairs and sell any second-hand bikes.
Dan Eaton, Papworth Trust’s Senior Service and Enterprise Manager, said: “Our pop-up shops are currently based in Ely and South Cambridgeshire but are looking to expand further across South Cambridgeshire this year, whilst also starting in Cambridge city centre.”
To find out more or volunteer, visit the Papworth Trust website.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 3 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 6 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 7 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 8 ‘Successful’ sixth form open evening as more courses launch
- 9 Ely gets £344,000 to upgrade CCTV and improve city centre
- 10 Community project launches ‘love in a bag’ on White Ribbon Day