Bike fan gets TV appearance
LITTLEPORT will feature in a television documentary which will include details about one of the co-founders of the world famous Harley-Davidson motorcycles. The village is the ancestral home of William Sylvester Harley who went on to form the Harley-David
LITTLEPORT will feature in a television documentary which will include details about one of the co-founders of the world famous Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
The village is the ancestral home of William Sylvester Harley who went on to form the Harley-Davidson Motor Company in 1903.
Local businessman Tony Buckingham, owner of Lucky Buck Custom Cycles, will feature in the documentary after stumbling upon television crews.
He said: "My involvement in this programme came about purely by accident. I saw them filming in Littleport and the director approached me to tell me that the bike they were planning to use hadn't turned up. I make custom bikes so I went back, got the Road King and they agreed to use it."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Buckingham was interviewed by television presenter Selina Scott and she is also filmed riding pillion on the back of his Road King Harley Davidson.
He said: "I had a great time at the shoot and Selina was a lovely person and a great passenger. It was difficult keeping a big smile from my face, knowing that not only was I riding the best motorcycle in the world, but I also had Selina Scott on the back with her arms around me."
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on
The documentary will focus on villages that were once in-land ports and will be aired on ITV in January.
William Harley, father of William Sylvester Harley, was born in a house in Victoria Street, Littleport on May 2, 1835.He left Littleport in 1859 and emigrated to Oswego, USA and enlisted in the army. He fought on the side of the Unionists in the American Civil War.
William Sylvester Harley was born on December 29, 1880 and went on to form the Harley-Davidson Motor Company with Arthur Davidson in 1903.