Big sleep out is an adventure camp to spot bats and moths at RSPB Lakenheath Fen
- Credit: Archant
A big sleep out with a bat and moth hunt is taking place at RSPB Lakenheath Fen.
The August bat and moth camp out is on Friday August 7 from 5pm onwards. The hunt event starts at 7.30pm.
There will be two themed camping nights. You can camp out for one night or if you are feeling particularly adventurous, you can camp out both nights.
If you camp over both nights, there will also be activities going on throughout the day on Saturday to keep you entertained.
All prices include all of the activities on offer and a continental breakfast or bacon breakfast rolls on the morning after you camp out.
You may also want to watch:
This camp out is themed on the wonderful nocturnal nature that calls the reserve home. After an introductory talk, we will go for a walk to listen to the bats that are whizzing overhead using special bat detectors.
We will then visit several moth traps to discover the large variety of moths and other nocturnal flying insects that live here. Please bring a torch and insect repellent.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
Tickets are one night: adults £25 children £12.50 (Non-Members) Adults £20 Children £10 (Members).
Two nights: adults £40 children £20 (Non-Members) Adults £32 Children £16 (Members).