Beloved pet parrot stolen from Littleport
A BELOVED pet parrot has been stolen from a home in Littleport.
Cruel thieves broke into the house in New River Bank and took the exotic female African grey parrot, called Lulu, while it was in a 6ft by 3ft cage on wheels.
The 11-year-old bird’s devastated elderly owners have now made a desperate plea for the treasured animal’s safe return.
Police have also appealed for information after they said: “This was a much-loved pet and has left the owners very distressed.”
Detective Sergeant John Yore added that at least two people would have been needed to lift the cage because of its size.
You may also want to watch:
John Haywood, co-ordinator of the National Theft Register for exotic birds and animals, said: “This is devastating for the elderly owners, who have had Lulu for more than 10 years.
“We are particularly concerned as to the welfare of the bird as she will not be receiving her normal diet and nutrition.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 3 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 4 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
- 5 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 6 Welcome to the Fens but can you guess which part?
- 7 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 8 Petition calls for more Cambs busways to be scrapped
- 9 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
“We appeal to anyone who can provide any information as to Lulu’s whereabouts and information leading to the arrest and conviction of the thieves.”
Anyone with information should call DS Yore on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.