Beloved pet parrot stolen from Littleport
A BELOVED pet parrot has been stolen from a home in Littleport.
Cruel thieves broke into the house in New River Bank and took the exotic female African grey parrot, called Lulu, while it was in a 6ft by 3ft cage on wheels.
The 11-year-old bird’s devastated elderly owners have now made a desperate plea for the treasured animal’s safe return.
Police have also appealed for information after they said: “This was a much-loved pet and has left the owners very distressed.”
Detective Sergeant John Yore added that at least two people would have been needed to lift the cage because of its size.
John Haywood, co-ordinator of the National Theft Register for exotic birds and animals, said: “This is devastating for the elderly owners, who have had Lulu for more than 10 years.
“We are particularly concerned as to the welfare of the bird as she will not be receiving her normal diet and nutrition.
- 1 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 2 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 3 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 4 Baby murder trial jury told dad was angry at social services involvement
- 5 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 6 Post office and village shop moves into old Baptist chapel
- 7 Ely quintet win Great Britain taekwondo call-ups
- 8 Sewage upgrade to continue in village with two-way traffic lights
- 9 Aspiring photographer, 10, captures Ely's winter sunrise on camera
- 10 Council approves funding for two community projects
“We appeal to anyone who can provide any information as to Lulu’s whereabouts and information leading to the arrest and conviction of the thieves.”
Anyone with information should call DS Yore on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.