Beloved pet parrot stolen from Littleport
A BELOVED pet parrot has been stolen from a home in Littleport.
Cruel thieves broke into the house in New River Bank and took the exotic female African grey parrot, called Lulu, while it was in a 6ft by 3ft cage on wheels.
The 11-year-old bird’s devastated elderly owners have now made a desperate plea for the treasured animal’s safe return.
Police have also appealed for information after they said: “This was a much-loved pet and has left the owners very distressed.”
Detective Sergeant John Yore added that at least two people would have been needed to lift the cage because of its size.
You may also want to watch:
John Haywood, co-ordinator of the National Theft Register for exotic birds and animals, said: “This is devastating for the elderly owners, who have had Lulu for more than 10 years.
“We are particularly concerned as to the welfare of the bird as she will not be receiving her normal diet and nutrition.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 7 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 8 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 9 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 10 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
“We appeal to anyone who can provide any information as to Lulu’s whereabouts and information leading to the arrest and conviction of the thieves.”
Anyone with information should call DS Yore on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.