Beer festival raises thousands
THE Soham beer and music festival helped to raise thousands of pounds for charity.
Drinkers quaffed hundreds of pints of ale and cider over the course of the festival while helping to raise about �4,000 for the town’s new Guide and Scout building.
The community building is on the town’s recreation ground and is nearing completion.
An auction for Weatheralls School was conducted by Ely auctioneer David Palmer and raised �1,093.
Bands entertained the crowds at the Walter Gidney Pavilion thanks to local company Blue Shed studios.
You may also want to watch:
Saturday saw the Weatheralls Choir under the direction of Anna Griffiths and Emily Barratt delight the crowds.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 6 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 7 Author opens school’s new library
- 8 Town considers home for market
- 9 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 10 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate