BBC Look East presenter Amelia Reynolds reveals cancer diagnosis
- Credit: Nick Butcher
BBC Look East presenter Amelia Reynolds has praised NHS staff after revealing she was diagnosed with bowel cancer earlier this year.
Mrs Reynolds revealed she was diagnosed with the condition in May and has since undergone chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
She said she received scan results back this week, which found the tumour had "gone".
Mrs Reynolds, who grew up in Suffolk and went to school in the county, praised the "wonderful" staff at Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital, as well as her family, friends and colleagues.
In a statement posted on Twitter, the presenter said: "During the past months I have not been on the telly and many of you have kindly been asking where I've been.
"I was diagnosed with a type of bowel cancer at the beginning of May and have undergone a course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
"This week I got my scan results and they show the best possible outcome. The tumour has gone.
- 1 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 2 Jury deliberates in trial of driver accused of causing baby’s death
- 3 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 4 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 5 ‘It went excellently’ - annual classic car show returns to city
- 6 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 7 Jury to go out in trial of driver accused of causing toddler's death
- 8 Football club hosting 12-hour non-stop charity kickathon this weekend
- 9 Two attempted burglaries take place in Ely during same day
- 10 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
"Of course there will be many more scans and check ups to come, but I'm so grateful to the wonderful team at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, my amazing husband and family, my dear friends and terrific colleagues.
"To all of you who have just had a diagnosis, who are going through treatment or who are starting the process of recovery I am thinking of you."
After graduating from the University of Exeter, Mrs Reynolds joined Look East, initially as a researcher, in 2000.
She is married to David Whiteley, who is co-presenter of ITV News Anglia alongside Becky Jago, and has two children.
Mrs Reynolds made her first appearance back on Look East after her absence on November 5.