Barway Man Had Been Dead For Six Days Before Sister Discovered Body
A 27-year-old man from Barway lay dead on the family sofa for six days before his body was discovered by a family member, an inquest was told. Sitting at Ely Register Office on Thursday, deputy coroner for North and East Cambridgeshire David Osbourne hea
A 27-year-old man from Barway lay dead on the family sofa for six days before his body was discovered by a family member, an inquest was told.
Sitting at Ely Register Office on Thursday, deputy coroner for North and East Cambridgeshire David Osbourne heard how Ian James Fenn was found dead by his sister after she had arrived to pay him a visit some six days after he had last been seen.
Mr Fenn, of Fennfields, had a history of drug use and his body was discovered on October 2 outstretched on the living room sofa with a hypodermic needle still in his arm. A tourniquet was also attached to his upper arm.
Mr Fenn's parents were away on holiday at the time he was discovered and an autopsy carried out by Dr Penny Wright concluded that the 27-year-old had been dead for some time when he was found.
You may also want to watch:
The inquest was told how a history of drug use had seen Mr Fenn join several rehabilitation programmes between 2000-2009 the most recent of which was a trip to Harrowgate in Yorkshire in March 2009.
The autopsy carried out by Dr Wright found traces of heroin and morphine in Mr Fenn's liver although the length of time he had been dead meant that no blood samples could be obtained.
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 6 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 9 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
The coroner recorded the cause of death as dependant drug abuse.