All you need to know about The Really Big Bash for Charity fundraiser at The Maltings in Ely
- Credit: Archant
TV favourite David Palmer will be centre stage for a charity fundraising auction at the Maltings, Ely.
Elizabeth Robertson, Margaret Dooling and friends came up with The Really Big Bash for Charity fundraiser as a way of raising money for Cancer Research UK and Myeloma UK.
Before entertainment from singer Kathryn Buck, magician/mind reader Dean Odell and DJ Simon Bradley, the bash will be opened by the mayor, Cllr Mike Rouse.
There will also be an auction with Mr Palmer - who began his career in 1982 and has featured in BBC shows Flog it and Cash in the Attic, as well as travelling 40,000 miles a year to attend various auctions.
The event, which includes a dinner and raffle, is being held at The Maltings on Saturday November 30.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, which cost £35 per person, are available from the Cancer Research Shop, High Street, Ely or by calling Elizabeth on 07842 165417 or Margaret on 07837 775597.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages