Barely a week left to get your suggestions in for new bus service
- Credit: Archant
There is less than a week remaining to get your suggestions in for the name of a new bus service, set to be launched in November.
The hourly service will link Haddenham and Wilburton with Ely and Ely Standard readers are being given until next Tuesday to come up with a name.
A range of suggestions have come in from readers so far, including the SOC, ZIP and BUS but the judges, councillors Bill Hunt and Anna Bailey, are looking for as many as possible before a decision is made.
The new service is set to replace the current 106 bus service – but with a series of improvements.
The new service will also serve Witcham and Stretham and the timetable has been adjusted to suit people travelling into Ely to work – as well as those hoping to catch a bus into Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
As ever, the service will also help get people into the city on market days and could also stop at Ely railway station.
Support from Cambridgeshire County Council for the proposed new service is for an initial period of three years – after which it will be reviewed.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
The service has yet to be named, though, and our readers are being given the chance to put forward a snappy new moniker. The only caveat is that is must be no longer than three letters.
The winning name will be announced on October 16.
If approved, the service could be in operation from Monday, November 3.
To submit your entry, e-mail Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Ely Standard, Alexander House, Fore Hill, Ely, CB7 4AF.