Broken heating at an Ely bank forces it to close for two hours
- Credit: Archant
A city centre bank was closed for two hours when the heating broke down.
Barclays in Ely High Street closed its doors and customers were instead greeted with a note on the door saying: “Due to health and safety reason this branch has had to close.
“We apologise for any inconvenience this causes you.”
Customer were diverted to the nearest alternative branch in Nemarket High Street.
A spokesman for Barlcay said: “It was an issue with the heating system which caused the branch to close earlier today.
You may also want to watch:
“I can confirm that an engineer visited and the branch was able to re-open around 11am .”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k